The Ages Stages Questionnaires, Third Edition (ASQ-3) is a screening tool that use by early childhood educators and health care professional across the globe. It is a parent-completed questionnaire that unlocks critical knowledge about young children’s development. It pinpoints developmental progress in children between the ages of one month to 5 ½ years, unlocks critical knowledge to catch delays for early intervention determination and celebrate children’s milestones.
ASQ-3 screens 5 areas of children development: Communication, Gross Motors, Fine Motor, Cognitive, and Social and Emotional.
- Communication, the child’s ability to both understand and use language.
- Saying his/her first words, naming parts of his/her body
- Gross Motor, the child’s ability to use large muscles.
- Learn how to sit up with some support, and pull up to a stand holding onto furniture
- Fine Motor, the child’s ability to use small muscles.
- Use their hands and fingers to pick up small objects, hold a spoon, turn pages in a book, or use a crayon to draw
- Cognitive, the child ability to learn and solve problems.
- Learn to explore the environment with hands or eyes, learn how to do simple math problems
- Social and Emotional, the child’s ability to interact with others, helping themselves and self-control.
- Smiling, waving bye-bye, or knowing to take turns in games at school