Early Childhood Learning & Wellness Services (ECLW) offers comprehensive and specialized infant-toddler services and wellness services for prospective and existing child care providers and programs working with children from birth to threeyears old.
ECLW’s Infant-Toddler Services, funded by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, works with the NYC CCR&R Consortium partnering agencies: Day Care Council of New York, Child Development Support Corporation, and Committee for Hispanic Children and Families Inc. Together, we seek to increase the capacity of childcare center administrators, staff, family, group family and informal childcare providers to support high quality early learning and care for New York City’s infants and toddlers.
Why are Infant-Toddler Services needed?
Research shows the fundamental importance of quality care from birth to three years old and its significant and long-lasting impact on children’s social, emotional, and cognitive development. The service aims to: enhance the quality of infant-toddler care, increase the number of programs serving children
We offer the following services to prospective and existing child care programs:
- Multilingual information for families and early care and education professionals on supporting children from birth to age 3.
- Training and professional development opportunities for infant and toddler care.
- One-on-one consultation and technical assistance services on best practices and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Quality improvement assessments using standardized tools, including but not limited to the Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale (ITERS-3) and the Family Child Care Environmental Rating Scale (FCCERS-R).
- Mental Health and Wellness Services for families and child care professionals.
- Community outreach to promote the quality of infant-toddler care.
- Coordination & partnership with public and private groups/agencies with the goal of enhancing care for infants, toddlers, and their families.
For more information, please contact CCR & R Manager, Ms. Xiao Wu at 212-941-0030 ext. 246