Technical Assistance & Coaching
Focusing on improving the quality of child care service, Asian Child Care Resource & Referral (ACCR) provides training, technical assistance, healthcare consultancy, and professional development opportunities for child care programs and support early care professionals throughout New York City. These are some of the services we provide:
- Provide “Family Child Care Orientation” and “New York State Health & Safety Training” to potential child care professionals with the goal of increasing the supply and improve the quality of child care and early childhood services.
- Offer information on regulations for starting and operating a home-based child care business.
- Supportive and Intensive Technical Assistance to meet each program’s individual needs.
- Provide professional Assessment-based Technical Assistance which is designed to use various observational and assessment tools such as CLASS and Environmental Rating Scales for in-depth assessment, skill building, and support child care programs.
- Provide professional development opportunities and other educational training to family child care providers and early childhood educators.
- Infant and Toddler Services and Resource Center.
- Start-up/Health & Safety and Quality Assessment Improvement grant opportunities focused on program quality improvement and training.
- Information on the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Information on scholarships such as the Educational Incentive Program (EIP) for training and professional development.
- Complete initial and renewal family/group family day care application
- Locate local family child care networks for membership
- Provide family child care provider training opportunities