Health Care Consultancy
What is the CPC-Health Care Consultancy Service?
CPC-Health Care Consultancy Service is offered by a Registered Nurse in our program. It aims to provide technical assistance and consultation to help you through all the steps to be certified by NYS OCFS to administer medication in your program. The service includes:
- Training on the importance and requirement of writing a health care plan for the program
- Technical assistance to child care programs in developing the health care plan
- Review and sign off the program’s health care plan
- Site visits to review program/provider who was approved medication administrant to compliance with the health care plan
- Provide Standard First Aid with CPR- Adult, Child and Infant certification training, learn to save lives and what to do until help arrives.
- Provide MAT/or EMA training in Chinese.
Reasons for the Health Care Consultancy Service
According to the New York State Medication Administration Regulations (effective January 31, 2005), if the child care providers choose to administer medication to children in their care (except over-the-counter topical ointments, sunscreen lotion and topically applied insect repellent), they must:
- possess valid First Aid CPR certificates that cover the ages of children in their programs;
- successfully complete a New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) approved Medication Administration Training (MAT);
- develop a health care plan for administration of medication. The health care plan must be reviewed and signed off by a Health Care Consultant. Then the health care plan must be approved by the local registrar or licensor.
Health Care Consultancy Service is available for prospective programs/providers, all licensed and registered programs/providers and legally-exempt providers who are paid by public funds.
For more information, please contact:
Ms.Linda Wu, R.N. (Health Care Consultant)
Telephone: (212) 941-0030 ext. 227