Google Translate:

Online Training

Taking Action to Support Public Policy

Here Are Some Of The Steps that You Can Become An Advocate:

  • Contact your elected officials and tell them to pass important legislation.
      • Find your New York City Councilmember here
      • Find your New York State Senator here
      • Find your New York State Assemblymember here
      • Find your US Congressmember here
  • Urge better funding for child care and children’s services by advocating for the Universal Child Care Act S.7595
      • For an overview of the current systemic problems in child care and why universal child care is badly needed, read the Child Care Crisis in New York State prepared and published by the Office of Senator Jabari Brisport and the Alliance for Quality Education
  • Keep current on legislation and budget issues.
  • Advocate for passage (or defeat) of any bill which affects children and child care.
  • Suggest new legislation for children and child care.
  • Be a reliable source of child care data and information on child care issues.
  • Become a volunteer.
  • Donate to help child care issues by giving to advocacy organizations such as the Children’s Defense Fund

Action Center:

Contact ECLW with any questions and speak to a Parent Counselor by calling 212-941-0030, ext 228 or emailing Ms. Ming Chen at

Child Care Providers:
Contact the ECLW with any questions and speak to the Provider Service Coordinator Ms. Jessica Chen by calling 212-941-0030  ext. 204.  or the Training Coordinator, Mr. Kevin Tam at ext. 160.  You may also call our Child Care Health Consultant, Ms. Linda Wu, RN, at  212-941-0030 ext. 229 with questions regarding MAT and Health Care Plan.

Parents as Advocates:
Parents, grandparents, and guardians: You are your child’s first and best advocate! Investments in early childhood have both short and long-term economic and social benefits for children, families, our state, and the current and future workforce. Young children need the adults in their lives to stand up and be heard on their behalf!

Stay Informed:
Stay up to date on child care advocacy with the following resources

NYC Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium

  • NYC Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium has a variety of organization’ websites posted where you can find information on advocacy campaigns, parenting advice, child care news, government agencies, arts and cultural development organization, racial equity, and more.

Children’s Defense Fund

  • This site includes although listing of the latest legislative proposals in the child care field as well as a free subscription to e-mail newsletters providing advocacy and legislative updates.

Coalition for Asian Children and Families

  • CACF is a pan-Asian advocacy, and leadership development organization that organizes community leaders and organizations like Chinese-American Planning Council
Contact Your Legislator:

Adrienne E. Adams, Speaker
165-90 Baisley Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434

Stephen Levin
410 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Keith Powers
Majority Leader
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 1205
New York, NY 10017

James G. VanBramer
47-01 Queens Blvd, #205
Sunnyside, NY 11104

Staten Island
Joseph C Borelli
Minority Leader
2955 Veterans Road West Suite 2
Staten Island, NY 10309

New York State Governor

Governor Kathy Hochul
NYS State Capitol
Albany, NY 12224
(518) 474-8390 (General)
(518) 474-1041 (Public comments, opinions, complaints)

New York State Senate
Your Senator
New York State Senate
Albany, NY 12247
(518) 455-2800 (General)
(518) 455-3216 (Public Information)
Bill Status Hotlines:
(518) 455-7545
(800) 342-9860
To Find Your NYS Senator go to
New York State Assembly
Your Assemblymember
New York State Assembly
Albany, NY 12248
(518) 455-4100 (General)
(518) 455-4218 (Public Information)
Bill Status Hotlines:
(518) 455-4218
(800) 342-9860
To Find Your New York State Assemlymember go to

President of the United States

President Joe Biden
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500
(202) 456-1111 (Comments)
(202) 456-1414 (Switchboard)

United States Senators
Senator Charles Schumer
313 Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-6542

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
531 Dirken Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4451
United States Representatives
Your Representative
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Main Switchboard for Senate and
House: (202) 224-3121

Disclaimer: The Chinese-American Planning Council’s Early Childhood Learning & Wellness Services (CPC-ECLW) does not license, recommend or endorse any one program/provider over another. It is the parent’s responsibility to evaluate and select the child care program that best meets their child’s and family’s needs.

Confidentiality Notice: ECLW will not share any personal information with third parties provided during the referral process without your written consent.

Scroll to Top